Reaction

Author: Anna Russell / Labels:

He’s filthy

and he has

a bottle of vodka

and a greyhound.

His face is like

a bearded broken mirror

and his silver bitch

is magnificent.

When I look at him

I feel pity.

Pity for myself

that I have to be here,

with the soiled ones

who leer as I go

to buy bread

and cigarettes

even though I’m trying to quit.

Pity that I have live

amongst this shit

and look at gums

where teeth should be

and everything sounds

like a fight

whether it is or not.

He swigs from his vodka bottle,

looks at it

like I look at him

and we both shudder.

6 comments:

rei said...

this is beautiful. poignant and mysterious and chilly at the same time. wish i could write like this :)

mapstew said...

I think I know him!

Good to see you back! :¬)

xxx

Anna Russell said...

Thank you, I appreciate that.

Hi Map! Good to see you :)

Star Kicker said...

She's back! yay!

Miranda said...

Glad to see your blog back on my followers box! How honest this is, like many of the other things you write.

Unknown said...

"Room 102" has been included in this weeks Sites To See. I hope this helps to attract many new visitors here.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2011/09/sites-to-see_23.html