I Want Your God

Author: Anna Russell /


I want your God.

Enormous,

Constant,

Terrible.

I want the rules.

My God whimpers

in corners where dust gathers,

sighs as the days conspire

with dusk.

We barely know each other.

It doesn't seem worth the effort.

Your God,

Your God roars,

commands your filthy soul

and you obey.

He inspires such things.

He is like a sibling's

shiny new bike,

spokes ablaze and

ribboned handlebars.

I want a shot.

I want to hurtle,

a million miles an hour

with my coat hanging

from my shoulders,

popping wheelies

off the kerb

and know that

if I fall,

it never was

and never will be

my fault.  

5 comments:

mapstew said...

You're welcome to him. :¬)

xxx

mo.stoneskin said...

There's nothing I want more than my siblings' shiny new bikes.

Miranda said...

Your tone that you created really too me on a journey! roars, hurtles, wheelies - it's a fun poem to feel

Miranda <3

Séamus said...

Brilliant analogy, ie the Bicycle and a very real and foreboding sense of the eventuality that there is nothing there except blind faith. Great poem. :)

jasa pembuatan website said...

This is a new inspiration for many people. Thank you for sharing with us.